10 Ways to improve your cardiovascular health
1. Eat plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits. These provide you with vitamins minerals and antioxidants, vital for cardiovascular health.2. These contain essential fatty acids, omega 3-6-9 that are also vital for the brain, nervous system as well as arteries. Eat plenty of fish, seeds and nuts, and use uncooked olive oil and linseed oil on your food.
3. Use garlic and onions eaten raw in your food.
4. Soya products contain lecithin, which is also good for cardiovascular health.
5. Porridge is a good way to start the day, adding seeds as well.
6. Most importantly, drink at least 2 litres of pure water a day. The body requires half its weight in ounces to function properly. Water is needed for every function in the body, including regulating temperature and blood pressure, eliminating waste and absorbing nutrients.
7. Take good quality supplements as most modern food contains around 70% less nutrients. B vitamins, and minerals, co enzyme Q 10, as well as fish oils, and antioxidants, all play a big role in our cardiovascular health.
8. Reduce processed foods and sugar, as well as sugary drinks, hydrogenated fats, white flour and sugar. Refined carbs increase our homocystine levels which can lead to heart disease and diabetes. Use unprocessed grey salt, or Himalayan pink salt, as these contain the70 trace minerals missing in white salt.
9. Learn to breath deeply and relax more. Taking up yoga, golf or swimming or some relaxing exercise, that will help you reduce and manage stress.
10. Regular exercise is vital for our wellbeing, as well as cardiovascular health.